How to Fix Printer Connection Issue on Mac
If you have trouble printing documents from your Mac machine using a printer, your issue could be anywhere between the two ends of the printing process, from your device set up to your interface, to the copyer or printer itself. When you get an error message that says the printer is not Mac related, you need to contact the support team to get an immediate resolution.
How to fix the printer connection issues with your Mac computer?
Printers work well with Mac computers once they have been successfully installed. So if you get a message like “The printer is not connected,” then the problem is serious and you need to resolve it to start printing again.
- On or Off
If you have a printer connection problem, check if the printer is in “On” or “Off” mode. When the printer is “Off” and you’re facing a problem , the problem can be with other issues like cable link, toner compatibility, paper or paper jam, etc.
Check the connecting cables between the printer and your machine to ensure that it is properly connected. If there is a cable problem, substitute a new one for the cable and try printing. However if the printer says the printer isn’t linked again then another part is the issue. Contact the support team to resolve the problem instantly.
A recent OS update or software update may lead to connection problems for printers. Updating a printer driver could lead to problems with compatibility and therefore a communication issue. If you have updated the Mac OS or the printer driver, try uninstalling updates and software control prints, and an error in either driver can cause a distorted performance.
The problem could also be caused by installing drivers for the wrong printer model or the incorrect operating system version. Visit the website of the printer manufacturer and download the new edition for your model printer. If you have already installed the new update, try to reinstall it anyway, because it replaces any corrupt files.
Printer not Connected Mac
Get the best help in fixing the issue of a printer not connecting to Mac
Users can fix the problem of Printer not connecting to Mac by applying the following ways. Users should contact the technical experts to solve the problems.
Step 1: Making Sure that the Printer is Ready:
Users must ensure that the printer is not offline and that it is ready for print work. Here are the ways to prepare the printer:
- Pressing the Power Button: If the printer is off or in sleep mode, users need to press the Power button to turn the printer on.
- Paper in the Paper Tray: The customers need to ensure that the printer has been paper loaded into the input tray.
- Cartridge Ink: Right ink and toner cartridges have been installed. There must be no errors or blinking lights on the printer control panel.
- Reboot Printer: Users need to restart printers and then wait until the printer is ready to print.
Step 2: Resetting the Printing System:
Users need to reset the printing system by applying the methods listed here. Experts can be consulted at any time if a problem arises.
- Users have to choose from the Apple menu.
- Then, the user needs to select Device Preferences.
- The user needs to click on the Printers & Scanners option in the system preferences.
- While keeping down the Control key on the keyboard, users need to click anywhere on the device list.
- Finally , the user needs to select the “Reset Print System” from the menu that appears in order to reset the printer.
Step 3: Troubleshooting the Printer Connection:
Users need to troubleshoot network or USB-based printer connection problems by applying these methods to solve the problem where the printer is not connected to Mac.
- Troubleshooting the Wi-Fi Printer Connection.
- Solving USB Printer Connection.
- Solve the problems of Wired Network Printer Connection.
The ways listed above will help to resolve the issue of a printer that is not connected to Mac.