Finding the IP address of a Printer
The IP address is one of the most important parts used to clear the Internet access address and a lot of things connected to the network. There are several occasions where your network-based printer stops running, and then you find the IP address of your printer to fix all the problems. And most users don’t know the IP address of their printer, which is not a hard thing, but complicated for those who never did it before. If you don’t know how to find your printer’s IP address, read this article very carefully and learn about the different ways to find your printer’s IP address.
Method 1:Find on your Computer
When you want to see the IP address of your printer, you can also see it on your screen that is really quick and easy to use. For this reason, please follow the instructions below:
Go to the Start menu on your computer, which is available in the bottom left corner of the display, and then press Control Panel.
Click the Devices and Printers link.
Now, under Printers and Faxes, your printer should be shown, and then the model number of your printer should be checked.
Right-click on the printer, then press Properties.
After that, click the General tab where you can see the Labeled option, and then you can easily see the IP address of your printer.
Method 2:Printer Menu
With the help of using your printer menu, you can also see the IP address of your printer. A lot of printers have their IP address on the main screen, or you can take the following steps:
- Click the Menu or Setup button on your printer the IP address you want to know.
- Then go to the Networking or Network Setup menu using the relevant option on your printer and then press Enter.
- Then you can use the arrow button to open the network and then select an choice such as TCP / IP, Network Status or IP address to see the IP address settings.
- After that, you can quickly display your printer’s IP address.
Method 3:Command Prompt
With the aid of the command prompt, you can also find the IP address of your printer in the following steps:
First of all, click the Windows key on your machine, then type cmd, and then press Enter.
Then the box will open where you need to enter the netstat-r, and then press Enter.
Now a list of available printers connected to the network will appear, so you will quickly see the IP address of your printer.
Method 4:Ethernet Port
Every network printer with the built-in Ethernet port is normally equipped with a menu button that lets you see the IP address of the printer. You can also visit the setup page of your printer to see the IP address.
Method 5:Use the Router
You can also find the IP address of your printer using the router if you have linked your printer to the same network given by the router.
- Open a web browser on your device and then go to https/192.168.1.1, which will be routed to the official login page of your router.
- Now sign in to your router account using your username and password.
- After that, sign in and then search for the DHCP Client Table under the Local Network section. Each section will be different depending on the printer manufacturer and you will handle it as per your printer model.
- Now open the network failure and then you will see the IP address of your printer.
Method 6:Use DHCP
Suppose that your networked printer uses DHCP, so you can also use your printer IP address very quickly. You will have to connect your printer to the router and go to the DHCP status page where you can find your printer’s IP address. Then the router can show all of the printers or devices using the IP address, and then you will quickly locate the IP address of your printer.
Thus, using the methods described above, you will easily and effectively see the IP address of your printer.
Explain different ways to find a printer’s IP address on Mac and Windows 10
Are you searching for details about finding a printer’s IP address? Well, it is very important for a user to know the IP address of a printer, because it is required when connecting to a network. Apart from this, you do need to know the IP address of your printer, because sending any instructions, whether for print jobs or any other, is not possible without it. In fact, the IP address of the printer also helps to overcome the different types of errors you might find. You’ll hear about the method of discovering the IP address of the printer on Mac, and then on Windows 10 at the same time.
Learn How to Find IP Address for Printer on Mac
Here you can learn about two different ways to identify a printer’s IP address on the MAC. The procedure to find the IP address of the Printer using both methods is discussed below.
Steps to Find the IP Address via System Preference:
- First of all, you need to enable your MAC computer.
- Then go to the System Preference available at the top left corner of the home screen.
- Next, find the Printer & Scanners under the System Preference window and select it to open it.
- Then go to the left column select your printer from the options available.
- Now you can see the IP address of your printer on the right side of the location option.
Learn How to Find IP Address of Printer Windows 10
You can find the printer’s IP address in more than one way on Windows 10. The easiest way to find the IP address of my printer on Windows 10 is discussed below:
Steps to Find the IP Address from Control Panel:
- Turn on the Windows 10 and switch to the Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel tab and choose Devices & Printers.
- Now, click the right button to open the printer property.
- Next, select the Web Service tab to see the list provided in the Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you can see the IP address of the printer,note it down in a paper.
Steps to find the IP address via the Prompt command:
- Open the Start menu and enter cmd in your search window.
- First, enter ipconfig in the command line and press enter.
- You can now see the IPv4 address in the opened window.
- Next, type the ping space, then the IPv4 address, and press the enter button.
- Then enter arp-a, once all the result is loaded and click the enter button.
- Next, copy the IP address that appears on screen and open a web browser.
- Now paste the copied ID address in your browser and press Enter.
- When the printer setup page is opened, it will be your IP address.
- Please try using all the results of the RPV before you find the IP address of your printer.
A few of the most efficient and effective ways to find a printer IP address on Mac and Windows 10 are discussed here. If you cannot find an IP address for a printer, you can eventually contact the support team of your printer. They would definitely provide you with the required support to successfully find your printer’s IP address.