What Does Epson Printer Error Code 0x97 Mean?
Error Code 0x97 is a kind of warning that happens when you face some kind of internal hardware problems in your Epson printer. This error is attributed to several reasons, such as motherboard failure or some other internal part failure. When this error happens, the printer will stop printing something that will stop you from performing an important job. If you get the error code 0x97 in your Epson printer, you can read this article where you will learn how to fix the error code 0x97 of the Epson printer in simple and easy steps.
How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x97?
Obviously, it generally occurs in the following models: Epson wf-3640, wf-4630, wf-3620, wf-7620, and 7610. If you want to fix the 0x97 error code on your Epson printer, you can follow the following steps:
Method 1: Unplug and Plug-in:
- First of all, you need to unplug all the attached cables on your printer.
- Now take all the printer cartridges and disconnect from your printer.
- Do not shut off your printer from the power source by pressing down the power cables.
- After that, plug all the cables and then USB cables.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges to the printer.
- Now turn the power back on and check if the error code still exists.
- If the error continues, proceed to the next step.
Method 2:Other Method of Unplug and Plug-in:
- Turn off your Epson printer and then unplug it from the power source.
- Unplug the connected cables and USB devices.
- Now, wait approximately 5 minutes for the printer to rest.
- Push and hold the power button on your printer for a few minutes.
- Now, you need to connect the power cord to your printer and then release the power button.
- After that, check whether this message still appears or not.
Method 3: Clean Clogged the Printer Nozzles:
- Turn the printer off the printer, and then disconnect it from the power source to the computer.
- Then open the printer case carefully.
- Then, take a clean paper towel with some cleaning fluid on the hand.
- After that, place the paper towel in the center of the printer heads.
- Now, leave it for 12 hours and then check whether the error code doesn’t reappear.
Method 4:Try Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter:
Microsoft provides a lot of troubleshooting tools for printers, and you can use anyone for your printer and printer issues. You can download it from Microsoft’s official website as per your printer model and device OS. Before that, run it on your device to resolve several problems, including printer error code 0x97 error, in a very effective way.
Method 5:Turn On and Off Your Printer
Sometimes turning the printer on and off will resolve a lot of technological problems, including error code 0x97. You can perform this step in the following way:
- First of all, unplug all the cables and USB adapters from your printer.
- Now pressing and holding button on your printer for about 60 seconds. This will require you to reset your printer.
- Now plug all attachments back in.
- After that, press and hold the power button again for 60 seconds, and then run the test print.
Method 6:Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer:
- Check for any paper jam if possible, and then clean it.
- Unplug all the cables and USB connections to your printer.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds and release it.
- Then wait around 1 minute and then plug the attachments back to your printer.
- Then switch on your printer and then take a run check.
By following the methods mentioned above, the printer error code 0x97 can be solved in a very simple way. If you need assistance, please contact the customer support team and they will provide you with the best possible solutions to solve all kinds of issues related to the Epson Printer.